Monday, September 1, 2008

I don't need a nanny.....

I need a dishwasher! Well, I just need someone to clean all the bottles and pump stuff. Since I work, I pump at least 3 times a day, and when it's a work day I pump 5 times! So, to cut down on cleaning, I have 4 sets of pumping sheilds.......don't feel like you need to know what that means, I didn't have a clue until I had to....just focus on my plight! :) We also have 6 bottles and sometimes Dec can use 5 in a day. So this is what the clean up looks like at the end of the day....

Before washing...

Drying


In the beginning, before I had all the extra pumping sets, I would be cleaning throughout the day! At least now I save it all for the end of the day. You may ask "why don't we use the dishwasher?" 1. Our dishwasher sucks. 2. It would take a lot longer, and use waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more water. 3. The water would be too hot and the PBA in the bottles would....um....activate? Uh....anyway, it's not good. Hand washing it is.


Now about these bottles........first off let me explain something. I don't like to try things out for myself. If someone tells me to use something because they liked it, that's what I'll get. A lot of people gave me their opinions on bottles, but the first was my sister-in-law Dawn. She said to get Dr. Brown's bottles, they help reduce gas, spit-up, and colic. We checked them out and decided to get them....we loved the idea of no gas, spit-up, or colic! And we never had a clolicky baby! And he has never really had painful gas! And he doesn't spit..........well, he does do that. A lot. A LOT! Just ask my lucky friends! :) The one thing I really regret though about getting these bottle is this: there are SOOOO many parts to ONE bottle! A normal bottle has just the bottle, nipple, and cap. Dr. Brown's bottles have bottle, nipple, cap, vent reservoirs, and vent inserts. So really, they are good bottles....they are just a pain in the butt to clean!! And I'm too lazy to try something else! So instead I'll complain. I'm good at that. And then you all have something to read! Hope it was worth it. :)

No comments: