Monday, February 1, 2010

Belly Book Reveal

When I was pregnant with Declan, I was lucky enough to have 3 maternity photo shoots with 2 VERY talented photographers. For one it's a hobby, and the other, an experience to build her portfolio. Both are dear friends of mine, and I was more than happy to help them out. ;) Now, just a mere two years later, I finally compiled my favorite shots into a book! I did my best to recreate a few of the pages for the blog, picking my favorites of my favorites. The pictures here are a little small, so hopefully you can click on them to get better view.

Dawn was very helpful with the title page, and I LOVE it!


Park and "Studio" shots taken by Jake Reinig



Beach shots taken by Jessica Brown








Outtakes-yes... we are very goofy people. :)

And the last page said this -
"Coming Summer 2010"

Yes, that means what you think it means.....we're having a GIRL!!! Our sweet little Abby will be joining us this summer and we are SOOOOOOO excited. I cannot believe it still. We had the ultrasound to find out two weeks ago, and a normal appointment today where we double checked, and up, it's still a girl! :)

So why Abby? Yes, I know she will be Abigail Gill. Or Abby Gill. And for some, that's a little odd. But here's the story that goes with it:

Back on the first day Trevor and I were officially boyfriend and girlfriend (which was 10 1/2 years ago), our friend Jessica (not the photographer) was hanging out with us, and teasing us about our "officialness." She asked us what we would name our kids, and after sharing some boy names we liked, the girl name was discussed. I said "I've always wanted to name my daughter Abigail Joy. I LOVE the name Abigail, and Joy is after my mom, Joyce." Trevor then chuckled and said "That's interesting. I've always wanted to name my daughter with the initials AJ because those were my mom's initials." At the time, it was a sweet coincidence. Now I know it was God and He was doing a little "nudge, nudge, wink, wink". :)

So no matter how awkward her name may be now, the story behind it makes it all better! And of course, she'll get married some day and that will take care of it! :)

No comments: