Thursday, May 14, 2009

Beach Day Birthday

For Declan's birthday we went to the beach. Specifically, Little Corona del Mar, where we took D's 9 month pictures, and where I took some yet-to-be-published maternity pictures. It's a PERFECT quiet, little family beach....at least for a middle of the week, not quite summer day. :) Declan was a little wary at first, which is a trait of his I am becoming familiar with. But like with all things, he warmed up to it and loved it! After the beach we went home, Dec had his afternoon nap, and then we headed to dinner with my family. We went to Ruby's and at the end of the meal, they brought Declan a sundae and sang their birthday song! As an adult, this is not my favorite thing to have done to me, but as a mom, with my 1 year old, it was the best!!

For those who might be interested, and curious from previous posts....WE MADE IT TO A YEAR!!! Eh? I have made it incredibly clear that I wanted to breastfeed for a year, and we did! In fact I am still feeding him once a day, in the morning....if you remember, it turns out I was (surprisingly) a little sad about breastfeeding ending, and so I guess I'm dragging it out as long as I can. :) I started the weaning process a couple weeks ago, and had started introducing cow's milk at the same time. I imagine it will be a few more days and then we'll be completely done... :( No really, it will be great. I stopped pumping a couple weeks ago, and that's really what I wanted to be done with!! Woo hoo!

Declan's 12 month appointment is tomorrow, and it's the first shots he's gotten in 6 months, so that won't be fun. But we'll get his new measurements, and that WILL be fun! :) Here, enjoy MANY pictures from the beach day. I personally LOVE as many pictures of Declan as I can look at, so.....you've got a lot to look at here! :)


No comments: