Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mundane Musings

I had a bunch of random thoughts and facts going through my head today, stuff that I thought would make good Facebook updates, but I couldn't choose one. Actually, I did choose one but whatever. Anyway, I thought I'd post them all here too. They all pretty much have to do with mommyhood, so it fits. :)

*When I originally planned to write this blog today, I thought "I'll call it Monday Musings, cause it's Monday!" Right....it's Tuesday. Thank you pregnancy brain.

*Why am I just as tired after getting 9 hours of sleep, as I was after 4 hours? (Yes, this one made FB, the lucky winner.)

*I need to remember that I am pregnant and eating until I am more than full will make me VERY uncomfortable! Which leads me to.....

*A message from Debbie Downer: "Hey all you first time preggers out there! Enjoy this pregnancy!! It turns out that being pregnant a 2nd time (and I assume 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and so on) is LESS comfortable than being pregnant the first time. Live it up ladies!"

*I'm going to say it's been a successful attempt at weaning Dec off the pacifier. He has not cried for it since day one. It has been a little over a week, and though he asked for it the first couple of days, he doesn't even mention it anymore. I can't say we used any tricks, no "broken pacifier", no "sending it off with a balloon for another baby to use", just stopped giving it to him at night. I did try to show him at first that he could use his thumb if he wanted to suck, but he didn't really care for that. I know it's only been a week, but I feel good that he's over it. (Cue him waking up right now and crying for hours until I give up the location of the pacifier.) The downside to all this though? He wakes up earlier. He use to be able to nap for about 3 hours....now we are lucky if it's 2. He used to sleep until 8am or later.....it's been about 7-7:15-ish for the last few days. Trevor actually said to me this morning "Wanna give it back to him?" I asked him if he was serious, and he said, "Kinda." Oh what stellar parents we are! :)

Um, I think that's it. There might have been more, but I can't remember. I blame the pregnancy. Speaking of, I am 19 weeks along, as of yesterday. We have an appointment to find out what we are having soon, and hopefully he/she will cooperate! I'll let you know when we know.....and have told all our family! :)

Since those musings were a little on the whiny side, I thought I'd leave you with a happy thought and story.

*When I was pregnant with D, I had the great fortune to have 3 maternity photo shoots! (It helped that I didn't have to pay for them!) I'll get into it a little more in another post, but I finally got around to making a photo book of the pictures. Here's a peek at the cover page, designed by my super talented sister-in-law Dawn:


*Speaking of pregnancy brain and forgetting things, here's a funny story from my first pregnancy:

A very thoughtful friend and co-worker of Trevor's, Jamie, asked me one day what I had been craving. I really didn't have a lot of cravings, but I was really wanting yellow cake with chocolate frosting, like Duncan Hines box cake yellow cake! A couple days later, Trevor brings home a 9x13 inch Pyrex cake pan, filled with cupcakes that were.....you guessed it, yellow cake with chocolate frosting, from Jamie! I don't know if it was Duncan Hines cake, but whatever, it was perfect!! I ate 3 that night, a couple the next day, and the next night, and then a few more the next day. But that night, there were 6 left, and I really felt bad for keeping the cake pan for so long, but couldn't eat 6 cupcakes in one sitting. 3, I could totally do, but that left 3 more. Where could I put the other 3 so I could give the pan back? I stood in the kitchen for about 5 minutes thinking, "what could I put these in that has a lid" and then CLICK! I believe I even raised a finger in the air as I said "A pot!"


As I placed the last cupcake in the pot, I looked at them and said out loud, "Or Tupperware would have worked."

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love that cupcake story because I can totally picture you talking to yourself about where to put your cupcakes.

So excited to hear more about baby!

geetabean said...

I like all your possible facebook updates! I always have a zillion things that I want to say but obviously posting a zillion things would be obnoxious, so I try and keep it near a million! :o)

As far as the second pregnancy being less comfortable than the first!?! My second was WAY more comfortable! I think that just like every baby is different, every pregnancy is different too!