Friday, March 13, 2009

Walking

Yeah, you read that right. Our little boy is walking! This video was taken 3 days ago, but he had taken his first step almost 2 weeks ago. It was just a couple steps at a time, and not getting him anywhere, but it was still exciting. I just didn't expect it to be this fast! The night we shot this, I was in the kitchen making dinner, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw D walking....like full-on walking, not just a-couple-steps-and-then-falling-over walking. Each day he's been getting better and better at it. Being around the older children at our small group last night inspired him all the more I think! In fact, I think having all his cousins and friends being older and walking has always been a huge influence on his desire to be up and moving himself. He just turned 10 months today, so technically Declan was walking at 9 months! What a genius child! :)

4 comments:

katie said...

Caleb was walking at 11 months, he and D need to hang out and compare notes. They are smart little boys! Although after walking came the climbing and now he's attempting jumping off whatever he can. Oh and cage training doesn't work, in case you were wondering. HA! JK

Bri said...

Oh my gosh that is so stinkin adorable. He is a genius child! He looks so giddy making you guys proud. :)

Molly Made said...

THIS IS SOOOO GREAT!

Anonymous said...

That's really great Becky. I kind of feel a little sense of pride over it myself. :) *sniff*

Has Trevor started teaching him to kick a soccer ball yet? I would think that would be an almost immediate #2 after the first few steps.