Tuesday, November 4, 2008

"Solid" Food

*Disclaimer: For those of you who are receiving this post via e-mail, please note that there are videos, and you will need to go to the actual blog to view them. I don't know why this is, and I think you can download them or something from this e-mail, but it's probably easier to go to the blog!*


After experiencing 7 nieces and nephews, and a few friends with children, I kinda know what milestones are coming and when. One of my favorites is when solid foods are introduced! For those who don't know, they are usually started between 4 and 6 months. I was planning on starting as soon as we got the ok from the Dr. at D's 4 month appt. However, due to some family history of allergies and asthma, the doc recommended we waited until 6 months. Boo. So........I mostly gave in! I decided I would try out giving him rice cereal on my birthday........as a birthday present to myself......because I was so excited about it! (Yes, really, I know I'm a dork, but you all love me anyway!) That day was exactly-ish 5 1/2 months, I figured we were pretty safe. I would give him the smallest amounts, only once a day, and watch for any negative reactions, like a rash or whatnot. So here we have, for your viewing pleasure, the adventure of starting "solids". (Really, it's so watered down with breastmilk, it's hardly a solid, but whatever!)


This is our first attempt. Trevor was not able to hang out and be my cameraman, so I tried at first to do it myself.......I quickly learned this was not a good idea.....well, somewhat quickly. What you don't see right outside the frame of the shot is Dec grabbing the bowl. And then when I set the camera down to retrieve the bowl, D goes after the camera! Yikes!




Second try at the filming! This is the edited video as I am sure you all didn't want to watch 6+ minutes of him eating...or slurping rather. I set the camera on the bookshelf, and I think I got a pretty good shot of him!




Here's a closer look. Sorry my hand is in the way, but you can still see his face reacting to the taste! I love it!




And the final look, with his face dripping and his pj's soaked! Good good times! I love this kid!!


No comments: